R1,000 pp [fully inclusive] for those wanting to become potential lay counsellors
R500pp for those wanting to develop their pastoral coffee-cup conversation skills [first four sessions of Model Training]
Runs annually at Grace Family Church January through March.
For all those have completed the Wholeness Course and now wish to become lay counsellors*, the next step is to do the 10-week Wholeness Counselling Course that runs in January of each year.
The Wholeness Counselling Training Course runs over 10 weeks for 2 hours once a week.
This Course teaches the model / framework of counselling that we use in lay counselling. The Course will cover the theology and psychology behind the model, which aims at walking short-term goal-orientated journeys in pointing people back to a right relationship with God.
*Please note that completion of the Course does not guarantee that students will become lay counsellors upon completion.
The Wholeness Counselling Training Course | Overview
• Session 1: Introduction and Overview of Wholeness Counselling Framework
• Session 2: Emotions, Beliefs and Behaviours
• Session 3: Thirsts and God’s Story – Genesis 1-3
• Session 4: Counselling, Clients and Communication
• Session 5: Listening and Empathy Skills
• Session 6: Silence, Summaries and Probing Questions
• Session 7: Confrontation, Resistance and Transference
• Session 8: Practical Illustrations
• Session 9: Exam, Assessment and Ethics
• Session 10: Defense Mechanisms and Learning to Hear God's Voice.
Once you have successfully completed this training, you can then enter our Mentor / Mentee Counsellor Programme, and sit in on cases with a lead counsellor who will be assigned to you. After a time of learning and evaluation, you will then be ready to move into that lead counsellor role and mentor new students as they come into the programme.
Our valued counsellors volunteer hours as and where they can, and we offer counselling online and at Ballito, Cornubia and Riverside. We invest into our counsellors with Upskill Sessions and Pastoral Coaching to ensure that they have everything they need when they get to the counselling room.
We understand it is a long time to wait for the annual training, but in the meantime, please feel free to attend our free Counsellor Upskill Sessions held at least four times a year. Let us know if you want to be on this mailing list by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For students who have passed the Grace Counselling Wholeness Counselling Training Course and completed the recommended and additional reading on said course,
SATS will award 12 RPL points and offer exemption from the following:
- PRA2121 Christian Counselling 1 into the BTh or
- PRA1121 Christian Relationships into the HCCL or
- CCC1120 Biblical Basis of Christian Counselling into the HCCC
For more info email email@example.com