For current and upcoming courses nationwide, click here.
STEP 1 | THE WHOLENESS COURSE
Available on DVD and runs live at Grace Family Church in twice a year - please see COURSES for our next dates.
The Wholeness Course covers the theology behind the model of counselling used at Grace Counselling. It is important that all wanting to be trained up as lay counsellors do this course and apply to their own lives, the truths learned on this Course.
The Wholeness Course is available on DVD for R100 with an accompanying work manual for R50, and it runs live twice a year at Grace Family Church.
Wholeness can be run in a church, a small group or people can buy their own copy and work through it in the privacy of their own homes. The Wholeness Course is perfect for anyone seeking to understand how God fits into every aspect of their lives. It is a great next step for those new in their faith, for those seeking to grow and for those wishing to become lay counsellors.
Course overview |
- God's Word
- The God-head and the Role of the Family
- God's Story
- The Fall of Man
- Our Bodies
- Our Emotions
- Our Thoughts
- Our Behaviour
- The Gap Model
- Short and Long-Term Consequences
- The ABCD Theory
- Back to a Right Relationship with God
STEP 2 | WHOLENESS COUNSELLING TRAINING COURSE
R1,000 pp [fully inclusive] for those wanting to become potential lay counsellors
R500pp for those wanting to develop their pastoral coffee-cup conversation skills [first four sessions of Model Training]
Runs annually at Grace Family Church in January through March.
Please see COURSES for our next dates.
For all those have completed the Wholeness Course and now wish to become lay counsellors*, the next step is to do the 10-week Wholeness Counselling Course that runs in January of each year.
This runs over 10 weeks for 2 hours once a week.
The Wholeness Counselling Training Course teaches the model / framework of counselling that we use in lay counselling. The Course will cover the theology and psychology behind the model, which aims at walking short-term goal-orientated journeys in pointing people back to a right relationship with God.
*Please note that completion of the Course does not guarantee that students will become lay counsellors upon completion.
The Wholeness Counselling Training Course | Overview
• Overview of Wholeness Counselling Framework
• Practical triplet work on story
• Homework – self assessment
• Process – emotions, beliefs and behaviours
• Thirsts – biggest hurts
• Practical triplet work on biggest hurts
• Homework – case studies
• Practical triplet work – case studies
• Homework – Samaritan woman – John 4
• God story script – Genesis 1-3
• Preparation of a counselling session
• Visitors, victims and victors
• Self-awareness and feedback
• Practical triplet work on emotions
• Homework – 2000 word essay
• Attending and primary Empathy
• Practical triplet work on listening skills
• Homework – case studies
• Handing silence
• Probing questions
• Advanced Empathy
• Practical – creative drawing
• Resistance and strong emotions
• Transference and counter-transference
• Self-disclosure and immediacy
• Practical triplet work on immediacy
• Homework – study for exams
• Practical – movie
Session 9 [Assessment Saturday]
• Exam [1 hour] and Assessments
• Defense mechanisms
• Learning to hear God's voice
• Evaluation and endings
• Please hear what I am not saying
For students who have passed the Grace Counselling Wholeness Counselling Training Course and completed the recommended and additional reading on said course,
SATS will award 12 RPL points and offer exemption from the following:
- PRA2121 Christian Counselling 1 into the BTh or
- PRA1121 Christian Relationships into the HCCL or
- CCC1120 Biblical Basis of Christian Counselling into the HCCC
For more info email email@example.com
Please connect with us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to register or find out more.