5 DAY INTENSIVE - PLAY THERAPY TRAINING
R4600 PP [20 CPD POINTS SACSSP / 28 CPD POINTS HPCSA]
RED SHOE PLAY THERAPY TRAINING WITH DR RINDA BLOM
The introductory play therapy workshop is aimed at providing participants with an introduction to play therapy, different play Therapy models, techniques and skills that can be applied during service-rendering to clients with moderate emotional problems.
During the workshop the focus will be on experiential learning and course participants will get the opportunity to take part in drawing, clay play, sand play, sensory work and work with puppets.
DVD’s will be shown to further illustrate certain concepts.
The following aspects will be addressed:
● Unique characteristics of the child client
● Theoretical concepts of child-centred play therapy and gestalt play therapy
● A multi-dimensional play therapy model for assessing children
● How to prepare for the first play therapy session
● Setting up a playroom
● Goals and administrative forms for the first parent consultation (participants will receive several handouts that can be used)
● Assessment play techniques for pre-school children with emotional problems
● Assessment play techniques for children 5 years and older
● Skills for structuring a non-directive play therapy session
● Skills for setting boundaries during play therapy
● Skills for building a relationships with children in the play room
● Understanding children’s unique temperament and how to take this into account when planning a play session
● Activities and techniques for enhancing children’s contact-making skills
● Activities and techniques for enhancing children’s self- esteem
● Projective techniques that can be applied during play therapy. The focus will be on drawing and painting, clay play, sand tray therapy, dream work and making use of puppets and puppet theatre
● Self-nurturing work with children
● Termination in play therapy
Course hours are from 8:30-15:30 daily, (except 12h30 on the last day), with tea/coffee breaks, as well as lunch breaks.
Tea and coffee are included in the course, but lunches are excluded. Please bring your own picnic basket for lunch.
To register, please complete email firstname.lastname@example.org
Account name: B.Blom
Account number: 4050777253
Branch code: 334-334