For those wanting to be equipped to become:
POTENTIAL LAY CHRISTIAN COUNSELLOR
For those wanting to become lay Christian Counsellors and join the mentor/mentee programme at Grace Counselling. Students need to provide two character reference forms, attend eight of the ten sessions and pass the examination and assessment criteria.
A PASTORAL COFFEE-CUP-CONVERSATIONALIST
For ministry and group pleaders wishing to become better equipped for effective pastoral conversations. [You will not need the assessment tools]
Monday evenings 1900-2100 starting 20 January 2020
The main Wholeness Counselling Training Course runs for ten sessions, covering the Wholeness Counselling Model which is a Christ-centred, Biblical framework of short-term goal-orientated counselling, where the primary aim is to point people to a right relationship with God.
This course also includes basic counselling Skills Training with practical applications, tools and assessments.
Please note that the Wholeness Course is a pre-requisite to this course and is available on DVD [R100] with accompanying manual [R50]. Please email email@example.com to order the set.
Session 1 [20 JAN]
• Overview of Wholeness Counselling Model
• Practical triplet work on story
• Homework – self assessment
Session 2 [27 JAN]
• Process – emotions, beliefs and behaviours
• Thirsts – biggest hurts
• Practical triplet work on biggest hurts
• Homework – case studies
Session 3 [3 FEB]
• Practical triplet work – case studies
• Homework – Samaritan woman – John 4
• God story script – Genesis 1-3
Session 4 [10 FEB]
• Preparation of a counselling session
• Visitors, victims and victors
• Self-awareness and feedback
• Practical triplet work on emotions
• Homework – 2000 word essay
Session 5 [17 FEB]
• Attending and primary Empathy
• Practical triplet work on listening skills
• Homework – case studies
Session 6 [24 FEB]
• Handing silence
• Probing Questions
• Advanced Empathy
• Practical – creative drawing
Session 7 [2 MAR]
• Resistance and strong emotions
• Transference and counter-transference
• Self-disclosure and immediacy
• Practical triplet work on immediacy
• Homework – study for exams
Session 8 [9 MAR]
Session 9 [14 MAR]
• Saturday morning – practical assessments and exam
Session 10 [16 MAR]
• Defense mechanisms
• Learning to hear God's voice
• Evaluation and endings
• Please hear what I am not saying
New Student Counsellors Introductory and Induction Meeting [6 APR]
You can EFT or click http://bit.ly/zappcoun to pay with Zapper.
Remember to use 2020WCT[yournameandsurname] as your reference.
Account Name : Grace Counselling
Branch Code: Allow the system to generate, alternatively it is La Lucia 135626
Account Number: 1142500810
Please send bank confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can allocate to your registration.
For students who have passed the Grace Counselling Wholeness Counselling Training Course and completed the recommended and additional reading on said course, SATS will award 12 RPL points and offer exemption from the following:
- PRA2121 Christian Counselling 1 into the BTh or
- PRA1121 Christian Relationships into the HCCL or
- CCC1120 Biblical Basis of Christian Counselling into the HCCC
For more info email email@example.com
Grace Counselling serves the local community by providing counselling resources and services through a network of churches.
Grace Counselling was birthed out of a passion to see God's Church serve a broken and hurting world. The demand however often outweighs the resource, so the vision grew into seeing churches pool their counselling related resources to serve each other and the community.
This site aims to be an open-access resource to aid all forms of counselling from church based, volunteer driven counsellors to professionals in the private sector and include resources from support groups to personal growth courses.
Our heart is to also see the standard of training available for lay volunteer counsellors in our churches grow, so if you are interested in further counselling training, then check out our upcoming training courses.
At Grace Counselling, we are all about being part of God's plan in putting the pieces of people's lives back together [Psalm 20.24 MSG].
Join us on this journey.
Tel | 031 003 1830
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org